Tips for Maximizing Your Career Fair Experience as an Employer
Before and during the Fair
Recruiters should arrive on time, dress to company standards, engage candidates with informative discussions, and proactively help their organizations find its next great hire. Below are some tips to help you reach that goal:
- Be on time and don’t leave early – “first in, last out.”
- Make a good first impression – applicants will base their opinion of your organization on you.
- Make sure your booth look awesome and bring business cards and other marketing materials.
- Don't wait for visitors to approach you – be approachable by getting out from behind your table.
- Shaking hands is just something you will have to do. Be sure to bring hand sanitizer and visit the restroom for a good hand wash.
- Prepare questions or a brief interview to pre-qualify applicants.
- Most applicants are looking for something that will conclude in an employment within the next few weeks. If presenting long term possibilities, don’t forget about the short term!
- Ensure your exhibit is staffed at all times.
- Visit the refreshment area to keep your energy at an optimal level.
- Visit other exhibitors when your shift ends – it is a great way to increase your network.
After the Fair
- Maintain a contact with the candidates you liked to reinforce your good image and keep potential candidates on your recruitment pipeline.
Please view our Exhibitor Information Guide PDF for more details.